Roldan and Klumpe Spanish Dancer Dolls



You would think I have learned that I have enough dolls (over 600) by now.  Yet, I always run across something new that I've never seen before that is at a good price and I had to buy it.  One of these finds is a pair of Klumpe cloth Spanish dancer dolls.  There were other ones at the thrift shop by Roldan or Klumpe that I passed over for now, but these two were so cute and at a good price for the pair.  

They are from the 1950s.  They appear to still be selling well on Ebay.  Looking for the artist history online, I was able to find out the following.  There is actually a facebook page for admirers of the dolls.


and a Pinterest page.



The dolls were made in Spain and were made as souvenirs for tourists.  The dolls were made out of felt.  It seems that at some point, Roldan dolls were made separately in a similar fashion and some of these dolls were imported by Effanbee to the states.  Klumpe dolls are said to be a little bigger and have v-shaped eyebrows.

At this point, I don't see any tags on my dolls, but I would gather from appearance that they are Klumpe dolls.  So here we go, another doll company I need to research further as many of the dolls listed for sale, are being labeled as both Roldan and Klumpe.


 

Comments

Popular Posts